First of all, congratulations on being selected to compete in Söngvakeppnin 2015!
- Thank you so much :)
This is your second time competing in Söngvakeppnin. Why did you decide to take part in the competition again?
- Sveinn Rúnar wrote an amazing song for me and I loved it the moment I heard it. He decided to send it in for the competition and it got through and here we are :)
What is the title of your song and can you tell us something about the song and lyrics?
- The title is “Augnablik” which in English means “A moment”. It’s about the moment you see a stranger and your eyes meet and it sparks something inside you, makes your heart skip a beat or takes your breath away for just a moment. You’re left thinking about that stranger and that odd moment and you wonder “what if”? Sveinn Rúnar wrote this song for me shortly after the Icelandic semi finals in 2013 and I loved immediately.
Composer of your song is Sveinn Rúnar Sigurðsson. Can you tell us more about your cooperation?
- This is your second time working together and we’re also working on some other songs together. The cooperation is good and we both have high standards for the music that we’re making, which is very good. We’re both open to each other’s ideas on how to make the songs we’re working on better. There is a good flow of communication between us.
If you win the festival, would you like to sing your song in English or in Icelandic in Vienna?
- Probably in English, but we haven’t decided yet.
What do you think about other competitors?
- I’m very excited to share this experience with them. Some I’ve worked with, some I know from school, others I’ve never met before. I’m very excited about the competitors this year because there are a lot of musicians that we haven’t seen before in Söngvakeppnin. The atmosphere is also very nice among all the competitors, in my opinion. There is no rivalry, everyone is very nice to each other and I think we’re all focused on doing our best and having fun while doing it and hopefully win.
Can you tell us more about your musical career?
- I started singing and performing when I was 14 but started in the music business at 16 after I won a big teen singing competition. Since then I’ve worked with very many Icelandic musicians, singers and composers doing all kinds of shows and concerts. Last year I did a „Meatloaf – Bat Outta Hell” tribute show in Harpa, the Reykjavik concert hall. It was amazing and we’re doing the final shows in February.
What would it mean to you to represent Iceland in the Eurovision Song Contest?
- It would be one hell of a ride ;)
Do you watch Eurovision, and if so – what are your favorite songs?
- Yes, I watch every year and I can’t miss it. My favorite songs are Euphoria by Loreen, Molitva by Marija Serifovic, Wadde Hadde Dude Da by Stefan Raab (that’s my Eurovision partz song) and Diva by Dana International… and many many many more.
Thank you for your time, and OGAE Serbia wishes you best of luck!
- Thank you!!