Hello Regína! First of all, OGAE Serbia congratulates you on having been selected to compete in Söngvakeppnin 2015. You have already taken part in Söngvakeppnin festival before. Why did you decide to take part in the competition again?
- It wasn’t in my plan to participate, but I liked the song and it’s on of the biggest TV productions in Iceland and it’s a good venue for promoting a new song.
Do you think that your experience from previous editions can be a small advantage over other performers?
- Of course, I maybe have more experience but in the end it’s those 3 minutes that everybody has to reach the audience ;)
As a member of Euroband duo you won the festival and represented Iceland at the 2008 Eurovision in Belgrade. Do you think you can be a winner one more time?
- Why not?… but really I am focusing on doing a great show… I am not just focusing on this as a competition.
Can you tell us more about your song? Will it be a modern dance song again, or a ballad instead?
- It’s a mid tempo song about life. You just have to watch and listen :)
If you win Söngvakeppnin 2015, would you like to sing in English or in Icelandic in Vienna?
- Probably in English as the song was originally written that way.
In your opinion what is the difference between Eurovision Song Contest and other festivals?
- I am not an expert on other festivals, but Eurovision has always been a part of my life as my mother has been a great fan. It unites Europe with music.
How has your career changed since Eurovision 2008?
- Just in that way that more people knew who I was and what I was doing. That opens more doors for you to release albums etc.
What are your career plans for this year?
- I will keep on presenting my album that I released before Christmas, where I sing children hymns in relaxing versions. Then I am participating in Tina Turner tribute concerts and I just want to be with my family, because I have three children (the youngest just 7 months).
Would you like to say something to Serbian readers?
- Just have fun and enjoy these next months where we will hear lots of great and not so great songs!
OGAE Serbia thanks you for your time. We wish you a lot of luck at the Söngvakeppnin 2015!